NEW YORK (AP) -- It's hard to miss the message from the season premiere of "The Walking Dead": blood pays off.
The gory episode of the popular AMC drama was seen by just over 17 million viewers on Sunday night, the Nielsen company said. That left it short of the 2014 season premiere of 17.3 million for most-watched episode of the series ever, but AMC believes that when additional digital and delayed viewing is added in, this season's opener will be the a ...
NEW YORK (AP) -- Prime-time viewership numbers compiled by Nielsen for Oct. 17-23. Listings include the week's ranking and viewership.
1. NFL Football: Seattle at Arizona, NBC, 17.71 million.
2. "The Walking Dead," AMC, 17.03 million.
3. "60 Minutes," CBS, 15.99 million.
4. "NCIS," CBS, 14.77 million.
5. NFL Football: Chicago at Green Bay, CBS, 14.202 million.
6. "The Big Bang Theory," CBS, 14.196 million.
7. "Bull," CBS, 12.29 million.
By The Associated Press
A look at some of the top singles by 1960s pop singer Bobby Vee and their Billboard chart positions:
* "Take Good Care of My Baby," hit No. 1 on the Hot 100 chart in September 1961. The single stayed at No. 1 for three weeks.
* "Run to Him," hit No. 2 on Hot 100 in December 1961.
* "The Night Has A Thousand Eyes," hit No. 3 on Hot 100 in February 1963.
* "Come Back When You Grow Up," hit No. 3 on Hot 100 in September 1967 ...
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Pop idol Bobby Vee, the boyish, grinning 1960s singer whose career was born when he took a Midwestern stage as a teenager to fill in after the 1959 plane crash that killed rock 'n' roll stars Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson, has died. He was 73.
Vee, whose hits included the chart-topping "Take Good Care of My Baby" and who helped a young Bob Dylan get his start, died Monday of advanced Alzheimer's dise ...